Saturday, July 5, 2008

Beyond Being


I should probably be sitting on the commode instead of striking the letters on this keyboard because my thoughts are rather slim - once I was told to clear the bowels as a means to ameliorate writer's block (sorry Grandma, this is probably not appropriate material to write about on the web).

It is extremely difficult to create an enduring message that will move people from simply "being" towards a sense of "purpose." I chiefly believe this is because it has to be a process that I essentially arrive at on my own - I have to create my own message.

That is not to say that others will not contribute significantly towards defining my purpose, but it is not my purpose if someone hands it to me in a nicely packaged bundle. It will not come from a movie, or a book, or a great speaker, but through hard work, frustration, and patience.

I really feel generic and am unsure of what I wrote above, I just know that I want a reason to be different and do things differently, but I try to shortcut the process. Whatever.

No comments: